St. Paul Business Award winners announced – Twin Cities
The St. Paul City Council announced the winners of the sixth annual Business Awards on Thursday.
The 2022 winners and runners-up are:
- ABC Realty LLC – Alice O’Brien Award: honoring a women-owned business that is committed to equity and empowerment. (Runner-up: In Black Ink)
- Hmong Village Shopping Center – People’s Choice Award: honoring a business that is recognized for its excellence by St. Paul residents. (Runner-up: Swede Hollow Cafe)
- Mr. Michael Recycles Bicycles – Good Neighbor Award: honoring a business that shows a dedication to improving the community. (Runner-up: Vig Guitar)
- NEOO Partners Inc. – New Kid on the Block Award: honoring a business that has opened in St. Paul within the last five years. (Runner-up: Just Imagine)
- Selby Wines & Spirits Inc. – Traditions Award: honoring a business that has been active in St. Paul for at least twenty years. (Runner-up: Westside Haircare)
The awards recognize local businesses that provide critical services, contribute to the community, invest in their employees and are committed to values of equity and diversity, according to the city. Businesses are selected for an award from one of five categories based on nominations from the community.
“Local businesses are the heart of our neighborhoods,” Councilmember Rebecca Noecker said in a release. “The St. Paul Business Awards give us an opportunity to honor our business owners for the hard work they do every day and to say thank you for doing business in St. Paul.”
Award winners will be recognized by the City Council at 1 p.m. Wednesday. The event is open to the public.